Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Today I had the confusion of "Is that a trash can or a post office box?"

There are so many Pomeranians in Beijing. Actually, there are quite a few toy dogs in general.

Traveller graffiti really makes you long for bar grafitti. Maybe it's just me but I'd much rather read "Why are you looking up here, the joke's in your hand" than "Life is not measured in how many breaths we take but by how many things take our breath away".

I am so sunburnt it is ridiculous. I got very last trying to find my hostel after going to the Forbidden City and Tianemen Sq. this morning. I had forgotten my ability to zip through museums and historic sights at the speed of light. I also went to the National Chinese Museum which was A: not all that clean, B: had exhibits which made no sense such as a big red car that wasn't even lit up, and C: had a big wax figure exhibit of famous Chinese people throughout history. That's it in a nutshell. Oh, also some pottery. I'm not that into pottery. The one super cool thing that they did have was this jade burial suit that was made of over 1300 pieces of jade that were stitched together with golden thread. THAT was amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home