Monday, August 14, 2006

Phnom Penh. Ok, I can't be sure that the five year olds I saw were sniffing glue or not. I shot an AK-47 and a .45 at the shooting range that the army runs and, as I expected, it was really fun. I had not expected the crazy "there is something in my hand that is exploding" feeling but I don't know what I did expect. Contrary to the guide book which said that shooting animals was a myth, within about 3 minutes of me being there the guy said "Shoot chicken?" but I declined.

I also went and checked out Tuol Sleng and the Killing Fields. There really isn't anything I can add.

On a happier note: I met a really great guy named Antonio in line at the airport and then again by chance at a bar. We talked for awhile and then he said, "Hey do yo watch TV?" and I told him I did. And then he asked if I wateched "Project Runway"and I told him that I had. So then he says, "I'm Santino's brother". We talked about that for awhile and then I went with him and his friends to eat a "happy pizza" which caused me to be stoned out of my motherfucking mind way past getting up the next morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl Steel said...

the guy said "Shoot chicken?" but I declined.

If you'd said yes and shot the chicken, he would have kept upgrading to, uh, whale.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home