Saturday, June 17, 2006

Still in Chengdu. I've been here about four days now just hanging out and doing a lot of getting lost in the city. Yesterday I tried to go to Wang's Tiny Museum for the second time and for the second time I was a complete failure at finding it. I even had a Chinese guy show me where the street was and I still had no luck. So, after that I decided to go to a place on the map the hostel gave me that said it had the best dumplings the hostel owner had ever had. Could I find it? Nope. I did however see a beggar with a small monkey on a string.

I've just done a fair amount of hanging out at the hostel and watching movies. I watched Charlies Angels, Jarhead, Kill Bill 1 and 2, and a bunch of world cup games. Tomorrow I'm off to Kunming I think. I'm actually not sure. I'm trying to eventually find my way to Hainan which is the Chinese Hawaii and then to Hong Kong and from there take a train back to Beijing. I missed the Wall and I feel like I should probably get that in since I'm in China and all.

I did see a woman getting dental work done in a dental office with a huge window so you can watch what's going on. That seemed a little weird.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karl Steel said...

You sure it's not the tiny wang museum, huh huh huh?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Karl Steel said...

Oh by the way. Pictures from your singing escapade are available on my flickr account, but they've been marked so only 'friends' (rather than family or the general public) can see them. I think I have you as a 'friend.' If you don't want them available at all for people, I can take them down...

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home