Friday, June 23, 2006

In Hainan now. Took a flight from Kunming to the capital of Hainan, Haikou. Then from there I took a bus to the town of Sanya in the south. The three hour bus from Haikou to Sanya showed karaoke videos, including one that was a cartoon of pigs in love that they showed twice, and also some weird Chinese comedies. I showed up here in Sanya and pretty much went to my room and rested and read my latest hostel book swap pick up "Noble House" by James Clavell. I've read "Shogun" twice and really liked it but this one is really not that great. Not to mention Clavell's less that savory depiction of Chinese people. There's a lot of "Eeee! How I would like to slit that barbarian's secret sack and feed him the contents!" and "Ayeeyah Third Toilet Maid Fung! How I would like to pillow with her and feel her golden gully!".

I am sunburned really badly. I went swimming yesterday and even though I had sunscreen the sun here is intense. So, my shoulders are in a bad way and I'm staying out of the sun so I can recuperate.

Ran into the British girls here in Hainan so we and some other people went out for drinks and dinner last night and then a midnight swim. I can hardly hold my head up. I'm very hungover from that. So, hungover and sunburnt. Internet,anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home