Saturday, July 08, 2006

I'm here Thailand. They drive on the left side of the road here. One thing that all the guesthouses I've stayed at have that is an interesting feature is that your room key activates the electricity in your room. So, without your room key in a little slot you cannot work the lights, fan, etc....

So, first day in Thailand...relaxing...sunny...I lost my atm card.... Yeah, I did. But, as a veteran of absentmindedness I knew exactly what to do when I found out this happened. I checked my bank statement, figured out I had been to Bangkok bank to withdraw money and figured that the ATM had just sucked my card in. And after a few hours searching for the bank and figuring out who to talk to that was exactly what had happened. So, really the worst that occured was that when I went to the bank to get the card it was so hot that I had sweat through my shirt and that was a little embarassing.

I checked out Wat Pho this morning which was pretty fucking awesome. I mean, it really blows you away in that way that really huge things you aren't expecting to see will. The feet are also really intricate mother of pearl designs and the whole temple itself has amazing drawings on the wall. In a total Josh Reynolds moment I'm walking around the temple and I see three Indian women with their shoes off and I think "Hmm, no shoes in the temple. That seems rather informal." and it wasn't until a woman in the temple pointed at my shoes rather unhappily that I realized that I was the one in the wrong and had totally walked right by the people in the front with the big shoe repository which seemed huge and totally non not noticeable ont the way out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

always policing the formaility at temples another reason to love josh.
Of all of the many times I have lost my ATM card its never been in a far off land, good job.
-natalie

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home