Tuesday, July 11, 2006

So, I'm still in Bangkok. Why? Well, it turns out that even though my card was at the bank where it got sucked into that ATM I couldn't get it since I didn't have my passport. This was on Friday and I figured I'd just make it back to the bank on Monday. Unfortunately, both Monday and Tuesday are bank holidays in Thailand. Monday being the anniversary of the Buddha's first sermon and Tuesday being the beginning of Buddhist lent. Tomorrow I can finally get my ATM card and head up to Chiang Mai where I hope to do some jungle trekking.

What have I done in Bangkok? Not much really. I did see Superman Returns and The new Pirates of the Caribbean. This was an interesting experience since they have assigned seating in the theaters (which with the language barrier it was hard for me to understand) and it was hard to order normal popcorn. The first time I ordered popcorn it was "Golden Classic" which was the carmel corn. I threw it away. So, then I went to another stand and saw what looked like normal popcorn and got that but it turns out it was "Chic Cheezy". I ate that since I was really hungry. Before the movie starts they play the Thai national anthem and everyone stands while they also show this movie of the king of Thailand and lots of really fucking happy Thai people. At the very end they show this animation of a guy in the ocean who reaches up to a glowing woman in the sky. I didn't understand that part.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chic Cheezy?? Oh man, that's SO my new style.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

I like to think of myself as more of a Golden Classic.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home